Frequently Asked Questions
Where To Start?
Don’t move….. Renovate.
Having made the decision to renovate, what are your next steps?
At some point the family home is outgrown or needs re-designing to suit the changing needs of a family. Rather than going to the considerable disruption and cost of moving home, consider renovating.
Overall if you are happy with your home, neighbours, local school or shops and you would like to extend or update the property, then you may benefit from renovating and investing the equivalent costs associated with moving house including stamp duty and removalists, on improving your existing home.
Whether you need a new kitchen, bathroom, or built in storage throughout the home, we know we can be of some help.
Give us a call or enquire online. Alternatively, if you prefer to research online first, have a read of the question and answer below. Click on the question to read more. For more Q&A click on “FAQs” from the black menu above.
What happens when I make an appointment to see one of your designers?
1. We will, by appointment call out to see you and have a chat. It usually takes about 1½ – 2 hours, during which time, we write up what is called a design brief on you, your family and your “wish list”, as it were.
2. We will discuss your ideas, our ideas, materials, fittings, appliances, finishes, your goals, budgets, timings, look around to understand the dynamics of your home’s layout, advise on structural work, if needed, etc.
3. We will sketch the room, measure it and take a lot of photographs of the area and its surrounds.
4. By the end of our first meeting, we should be able to give you some idea of where you need to be heading cost wise. It’s usually more than you thought, (Sigh,……….. isn’t it always).
5. By now you will be able to decide if you think we are all on the same page and whether or not Let’s Talk Kitchens & Interiors can be of service to you, if you like what we are saying and feel comfortable that you could work with us, you can then decide whether to proceed with the design work and drawings.
6. Up until now, you have incurred no expense whatsoever.
7. When you ask us to go off and draw all our pretty pictures, then you incur the Design Fee, which is payable when we give you your first set of drawings. However the fee in fact, covers all of the subsequent meetings we have from that first meeting. Sometimes there can be 2 – 4 more meetings before we reach a conclusion.
The one Design Fee covers all of these meetings.
Our mission statement is to deliver a project to our clients, on time and at a quality standard, that meets or exceeds their expectations, and is seen to be excellent value for money, rather than simply the cheapest price available.