Frequently Asked Questions
There is so much to consider when embarking on a renovation. Take time to ask these questions.
1. Does your quote include everything?
IE - check measure, removal of old kitchen, installation of cabinets, internal fittings, benchtops, installation, wiring, plumbing, plaster patching & recornicing, splashbacks, flooring, rubbish removal and delivery
2. Ask questions of the designer &/or the company’s experience
3. What are the lead times?
4. Think about what you dislike about your existing kitchen
- is the lack of storage and bench space a constant problem?
- the footprint just doesn’t work
- nowhere to eat
5. What do you love about your existing kitchen?
- light, airy
- wall oven
6. Make a wish list for your new kitchen
These may/may not all be possible but will help your designer get inside your head. For example:
- Island bar
- Wall oven or two ovens
- Corner drawers
- Workspace for a computer/homework/pay the bills
- Access to outside entertaining area
- Walk in pantry
- Incorporate a laundry
- More storage
- More bench space
7. If more storage is a wish, think about what you want to store
- Small appliances (Keep the biggest one in mind)
- Bakeware & trays
- Wine / alcohol
- Cook books
- Pantry items
8. Collect tear sheets from design and kitchen magazines, you will be surprised how a trend emerges
9. Create an online scrapbook of inspirational imagery on either Pinterest or Houzz. You can easily then share these 'idea books' online with your LTKI designer.
10. Make sure the design firm is qualified to do what they say they can
11. Ask about the warranty and after sales service